Swiss Village East Annual Meeting

Saturday January 12, 2019

10:00 a.m.

Lonne’s House

 

Minutes

 

I.    Call to Order & Welcome

    a.     Meeting was called to order at 10:05 AM

 

II.   Roll Call

    a.     Board members- Robert Durga (phone), Robert Poupard, Heidi Shaffer, Lonne Petroskey, Ralph Crosslin, Mike Sherman (phone), Mark Berghoef, Aleta Berghoef, Rick McCarron, Brad Whalley

    b.     Guests- Al Leach, Stephanie Koppe, Roger, Allen Wolf, Julie Woods

 

III.    Approval of July 21, 2018 Minutes

    a.     Approval of Oct 2018 meeting minutes by Heidi, and a second by Mark.

IV.   Election of Officers

    a.      Mark Berghoef           President

    b.     Heidi Shaffer               Vice President

    c.      Lonne Petroskey        Treasurer        (Rick McCarron will assist Lonne P.)

    d.     Rob Poupard               Secretary

                                

V.    Treasurers Report

    a.      Rob and Aleta approved the report below:

    b.     Dues look to still be ~80%

 

VI.   Old Business

    a.      **Heidi to set up date for forestry response.  Feedback will be needed by April 1st.

        1.     Rick and Lonne approved

    b.     Other- Internet within the association

        1.     There are various satellite options available along with hotspots on mobile devices

            (1)   **Heidi’s son can help research on different availabilities.  Once info is compiled, data needs to be sent to Aleta for uploading to the website.

 

VII.   New Business

    a.      Maintenance Contracts

        1.     Plowing- Northern Tree has contract 2018-2019

        2.     Mowing- Trees North will keep contract into 2019

    b.     Easement- the entrance sign

        1.     **Allen Wolf will work with Peter to create paperwork allowing an easement from Lonne Petrosky’s property for sign access ability.  In return, Lonne will be compensated $500 by the SVEPOA.   (Draft cost will be ~$250-300)

            (1)   Heidi approved and Rick seconded the action

    c.      Lot 210 and 47 were recently sold to adjacent property owners.

    d.     **Stephanie Koppe to send a letter with options on property interest.  Currently 11 lots will be reviewed.

    e.      PFOS water testing.

        1.     **Heidi will ask the health department about testing (i.e. Mancelona city water vs. well water)

    f.      Signage in SVEPOA common areas- “Enter at your own risk”

        1.     **Allen Wolf will ask Peter about any liabilities that need to be addressed

    g.     Other

        1.     The blue house on Cedar River Drive is in constant construction.

            (1)   **Heidi will bring up a constructive conversation with the owner to better understand finishing plans

        2.     Property Owners information- ** Lonne to send updated list to Aleta

        3.     New Property Owners packet- ** Aleta to send an information packet to any new property owners

        4.     SVEPOA sweatshirts to be distributed to deserving board members- **Lonne will distribute.

 

 

VIII.   Calendar- Next meeting dates

    a.      April 13th, 2019          (Lonne’s house)

    b.     July 13, 2019              ((Lonne’s house)  (also same date as the summer picnic))

    c.      Oct 12th,2019              (Allen’s house)

 

IX.   Summary of Action Items

    a.      **Heidi to set up date for forestry response.  Feedback will be needed by April 1st.

    b.     **Heidi’s son can help research on different internet availabilities. 

    c.      **Once info is compiled, data needs to be sent to Aleta for uploading to the website.

    d.     **Allen Wolf will work with Peter to create paperwork allowing an easement from Lonne Petrosky’s property for sign access ability

    e.      **Stephanie Koppe to send a letter with options on property interest.  Currently 11 lots to be reviewed.

    f.      **Heidi will ask the health department about PFOS testing (i.e. Mancelona city water vs. well water)

    g.     Signage in SVEPOA common areas- “Enter at your own risk”

**Allen Wolf will ask Peter about any liabilities that need to be addressed

    h.     **Heidi will bring up a constructive conversation with the blue house owner to better understand finishing plans

    i.       **Property Owners information- ** Lonne to send updated list to Aleta

    j.       ** Aleta to send an information packet to any new property owners

 

X.   Adjournment

    a.      Meeting adjourned at 11:16am

        1.     Approved by Brad and Rick

 

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now